Monday, February 28, 2011

st. valentine's day poems for my love - 2011


Here are two poems that I wrote for Erin a few weeks back on Valentine's Day. They're not all that good, but there was a strict deadline and I had to rush them to completion!








Today-

the hat covers your head, though the red fringes are unrestrained;
the cold intrudes upon the warmth of your body like an unwanted guest.


Yesterday-
I revel in the memories of subdued passion, youthful freedom,
deep friendship, joyful anticipation.


Tomorrow-
I can see us sipping (or guzzling) wine on the porch swing,
still waiting for our luck to turn.


One thing is certain-
we will be together,
united in a common effort to make beauty in the darkness.


When God calls, how could it be any different?
We are partners and lovers on the journey.

 

You have never been adept at acting.

But then again, neither have I.


It has taken far more than guile for us to reach our station.


Honesty and beauty have been the engines of our movement.


And God has blessed you with an abundance of both.


Do you know what it is that I desire?


Just an open window, a door through which I can walk


Into the luxurious meadow which is the splendor of your soul.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment