Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Story of Pat Tillman

I recently finished listening to an audio recording of a new book by Jon Krakauer, Where Men Win Glory.

Great background into the entire struggle in Afghanistan in which we as a people are still embroiled. Also, a deep look into the life of a fascinating man: Pat Tillman. I think I would have truly enjoyed being his friend, if I had had that opportunity. Even though he was an avowed atheist, he and I approach life with many similarities.

Even more riveting is the in-depth reporting of the appalling behavior of the Army in using his death as a marketing tool, and in subverting the truth. Telling lies to the family of a dead Army Ranger is not worthy of this nation, which professes such high ideals. We need to do better than that; we the people need to demand better  than that.

I recommend this as a good read which may get you thinking. Next, I think I will pick up the book by his mother to learn more about Pat, how he thought, and how he lived his life:
Boots on the Ground by Dusk: My Tribute to Pat Tillman

No comments:

Post a Comment